Today I am thinking of women too often ignored or even hurt by the feminist movement. Trans* women, women of color, disabled women, fat women, queer women, elderly women, poor women, women in prison, women who are sex workers, women who are undocumented, women who are more than one of the above. Today is your day, too. I celebrate you and your strengths.
Ella Fitzgerald and Louis Armstrong recording the album Ella and Louis, 1956. Photo by Phil Stern.
Wear some kitty faces on your dress! Buy it!
I HAVE BEEN WANTING THIS DRESS FOR YEARS UGH
i like my coffee how i like my men. rich
and three times in the morning before i do anything
Sweet dreams are made of
Patti McGee, the world’s first female professional skateboarder.
swellshark asked: carnation, allium, violet!
Carnation: If I handed you a concert ticket right now, who would you want to be the performer?
Can I be the only audience member at this performance? Who would I want to see though? Ahhh, probably The Decemberists, or Colin Meloy. Or The Beatles. Singing just to me. Mmmm….
Allium: What’s the best thing you can cook?
Oh hoh ho! Cook? I hardly know the meaning of the word! I do try, tho. I make a pretty sick grilled cheese. The trick is to put honey on the outside of the bread right before it’s done. And lots of love too. I also make a good box-cake.
Violet: Do you like where you’re from?
I do, I really love my hometown. It’s big, but not too big, and there are nice things to do and lots of places to go. Plus, I’ve basically lived there since I was born! Ahh, now I’m homesick!
✿ flowery asks ✿
- Daisy: How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Carnation: If I handed you a concert ticket right now, who would you want to be the performer?
- Jasmine: What color looks best on you?
- foxglove: Name three facts about your family?
- Allium: What's the best thing you can cook?
- Orange Blossom: If you could pick the gender and appearance of your child, would you?
- Calla Lily: If you died right now, what song would you want to play at your funeral?
- Poinsettia: Favorite holiday dish?
- Oxlip: Would you ever get into a long distance relationship?
- Primrose: Favorite kind of soup?
- Daffodil: What's the most thoughtful present you've ever received?
- Rose: Are you currently in love with someone?
- Amsonia: Would you ever become a vegan?
- Peony: What's your favorite hot beverage?
- Tulip: For your birthday, what kind of cake do you ask for?
- Myrtle: Do you like going on airplanes?
- Hibiscus: Did you ever play an instrument? If so what?
- Zinnia: Who was your best friend when you were six years old?
- Poppy: What color was your childhood home?
- Hydrangea: Starbucks order?
- Violet: Do you like where you're from?
- Locust: What was your favorite book as a child?
- Rhododendron: What's the scariest dream you've ever had?
- Queen Anne's Lace: Would you rather carve pumpkins or wrap presents?
- Magnolia: Favorite kind of candy?
- Aster: Would you rather be cold or hot?
- Marigold: Do you listen to what's on the radio?
- Heliconia: Do you like when it rains?
- Azalea: What's a movie you cried while watching?
- Dandelion: Do you think you're important?